Saturday 4 November 2017

More blended Birthday Blooms


If you liked yesterday's Birthday Blooms card, then hopefully you'll like today's two cards too. The Birthday Blooms flower is so lovely to colour with that I used it to make a cards for two very special lovelies this week. First up is this one for a dear friend.


The images are all coloured with Stampin' Blends markers:

Petals & centre: dark Pink Pirouette & light rich razzleberry (I love to mix & match colours to create new shades)
Leaves: light & dark Old Olive
Background: light Pool Party

 I topped the petals with clear Wink of Stella - so sparkly in real life.


I teamed the blooms with a sentiment from Happy Birthday, Gorgeous, with some simple layers & washi tapes (stripe from Basics 3 & silver from Year of Cheer),


Some more blossoms, sentiments & washi inside too.



Eclipsed Blooms for Mum

My dear Mum turned 88 years old this week, so I made her this card. I've seen so many cards lately showing the eclipse technique so I thought this would be a good opportunity to try it. Things didn't quite go to plan but I'm sure Mum wouldn't have minded. Here's version one of the card.


Like the previous card I started by stamping & colouring a row of blooms across the card with my Stampin' Blends.

Then it was time for the eclipse technique. I cut out 'Mum' from the coloured image & backed the remaining coloured piece in night of navy. Then I mounted the letters on foam adhesive strips & placed them back in the cut-out. This creates a shadow or eclipse effect. I did make a major boo boo too but don't look for that.

I then added some copper washi (the Year of Cheer washi is my favourite ever) & sentiment from the Number of Years stamp set.


So, after I'd finished & photographed the card, I felt like 'Mum' didn't have as much contrast-definition from the background as I'd hoped, & darling man thought so too. I've come to the conclusion that the large coloured images were maybe too bold?

Anyway, I couldn't do anything about the background so I adhered vellum letters over the images to create some difference. I also Wink of Stella's them but you can't see it in the pic. This was the result.


At this point I had to tell myself to 'step away' from the card. Do you do this too? I do like it, but sadly not as much as I'd hoped, given it was for Mum.Anyway, you can decide now whether you like it with or without the vellum.


I'd like to try this technique again - perhaps only colouring the cut words & leaving the background black & white. Anyway, another time. 🙂

So that's if from me for today. I have sooo many cards to share but little blogging time to do it. But I promise I'll be back soon with more. Thanks for visiting today. Pin my cards for later inspiration too & check out the supply lists below to see & order the items I used.

Inky wishes, Di

Project Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

Note: Actual items I used are listed first. Alternative purchase options are listed at the bottom of the supply list.
Product bundles noted are discounted by 10% off individual purchase prices for a limited time. Items can be purchased separately after bundle offers end.

Stampin' Blends markers available to order as single markers, or 2 pack colour combo packs, or you can order them all. Combo & Full collection linked below.  See all Blends products here


Pink Birthday Blooms


 
Eclipsed Blooms for Mum



Big Shot
$159.00

No comments: