Sunday 14 May 2017

Last balloon pop-up birthday card or three

I couldn't let Balloon Adventures & the Balloon pop-up dies disappear without sharing a quick final project (or three) with you. The stamp set & dies were surprise total favourite from the Occasions Catalogue & I've used them lots both together & separately. Truth be told I'm still in shock that they're not carrying over to the new Annual Catalogue, so forgive me if you haven't loved them as much as me.

Anyway, let's get to the projects. These three cards are variations on the same design & colours, each with little twists.


Thanks & credit for the initial design (which is probably most like the card in the centre from memory) goes to my stamping bestie, Kellie. She showed my the card she made & I just loved the colours & design, so I thought my class lovelies would love it too.

Version 1
I made a minimal change to the colour scheme to include some of the yummy Sale-a-bration glimmer paper available at the time. I hope you got some of that as the colours were fab-u-lous. This became the second project from my Feb class. The dragonfly dreams shadow box was the other one.


The colour scheme is bermuda bay & elegant eggplant with a touch of mint macaron & sweet sugarplum in the balloons.

The blingy balloons are stamped in elegant eggplant (stamped off once), bermuda bay, & mint macaron, then topped with a coordinating die cut balloon in sweet sugarplum, bermuda bay & mint macaron glimmer paper. I used a few circles from the balloon cut-outs to add more little touches of colour. On the inside, there's more bling. The bermuda bay base nicely frames & shadows the pop up panel.


Version 2
From memory, this is probably the most like Kellie's original. The front is completely bermuda bay, elegant eggplant & white. I love the freshness of this combination & look & think it's a great one for teens & young adults.


On the inside I  added more balloons. The mint macaron works so well with the eggplant & bermuda.


Version 3
I had a spare kit left over so I tried one more variation. This time I swapped out the elegant eggplant for a small strip of pool party & bermuda bay sentiment, and added solid balloons in the same card colours as the glimmer paper.  I think this adds softness to the design. I'd definitely use this for a teen or friend's card.


Here's a close up of that lovely glimmer. I know - rubbing it in. I so hope SU brings back multi-colour glimmer packs sometime.


I repeated the balloons on the inside. Otherwise it's the same as version 1.


I love that even a small, simple variation can alter the look & feel of a design. So, do you have a favourite of the three?  Share in comments if you'd like. I always like to know what you're thinking.

Well that's it from me except to say that if you haven't got the Balloon Adventures & Balloon pop up die set, I really recommend you order it now. It's even on sale until they run out or disappear on 31 May when the Occasions Catalogue ends.

Thanks for visiting. I'll be back soon with some non-balloon projects so pop back again

Inky wishes,
Di

Supplies

To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Actual items I used are listed first. Alternative purchase options are listed at the bottom of the supply list.

Product List
Big Shot
$159.00

No comments: