Friday 9 October 2015

Christmas poinsettia pillow box

I saw this lovely poinsettia while on hols at the Gold Coast & remembered I hadn't shared a paper version I made when my Holiday Catalogue goodies arrived back in August. So here it is now.
Who needs a present inside when the box looks as sweet as this?
The pillow box was super quick to make with the pillow box die & some Merry Moments paper, which I thought looked a bit like a graphic poinsettia. I attached the completed poinsettia to a simple, stamped white tag made with thick whisper white card (so sturdy) & stamped with a fab sentiment from the Reason for the Season stamp set, (which I also used to stamp the poinsettia leaves), then attached it to the box. Done!

Poinsettia recipe
Punch petals using the Festive Flower punch:
11 large petals: 8 real red 3 garden green - stamp with largest leaf image
4 medium petals: real red - stamp with medium leaf image
2 small petal pairs: real red - stamp with small leaf image
2 centres: daffodil, 1 x tangelo
Adhere the pieces using the using my yellow poinsettia instructions here.

Apparently you're all loving poinsettias too, as my yellow version has been been pinned over 1,900 times so far. Hope you like this more traditional version too. Pin away if you do :-)
Thanks for visiting today & come back soon.

Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order. Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). I have listed the option that I used. Please check the online store if your preference is different.

No comments: