Sunday 6 September 2015

Hardwood for Dad - same but different

Does this card look familiar?
Hopefully it reminds you of this card I made for my FIL's birthday & Just Add Ink 274.
I thought it would be fun for my class lovelies to recreate a similar card at my masculine / Father's Day class last month, but make it quicker & easier to make & replicate in a more standard size.

What did I change?
1. Colours - tweaked the colour combination to be crumb cake, early espresso, soft suede & white.
2. Size -  the new card card front is smaller - 10 x 21cm (4 x 8-1/4 inch) front & fits a DL envelope. The change in size reduced the supplies needed & made it much more convenient to post.
3. Background - simplified by stamping Hardwood onto whisper white & adding simple sponging, rather than piecing & mitring the original background. I definitely think the gals appreciated this change :-)
4. Sentiment - I added a crumb cake Hardwood board behind the 'happy' to add to the timber feel, but otherwise kept it very similar to the original, which I loved.
5. Stamps - I used the sentiments from the Crazy About You bundle, same as the 'happy' die. It has lots of sentiment choices to suit lots of occasions.

Here's a closer look at the new sentiment & colours:
So many options...
We don't always have time to create brand new projects so adapting previous projects or elements of projects like this is a great way to create something new for other occasions or people.
For example, you could easily change the neutrals I used here & add a few little flowers to make a softer, girlier version of the card. Or you could use the layout &emboss the background with your fave folder or... So many possibilities. Maybe I'll have to try these & share what I come up with.

I hope you like my updated card & find new ways to adapt it to make it yours. Thanks for visiting & come back soon. Remember to pin my card to save it for later.

Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). I have listed the option that I used. Please check the online store if your preference is different.


1 comment:

Zoe Tant said...

super card for the boys! Zx