Wednesday 10 July 2013

Quick & easy challenge cards

Popping in quickly to share two quick & easy cards I made as samples for a new SU Demo Group challenge. The challenge sketch was based on a fab sample from our new catalogue (p36), plus a colour challenge to use new in-colours, strawberry slush, crisp cantaloupe & coastal cabana.
This is what I came up with:
This one is probably my fave. Hello! - it has butterflies & no hand cutting thanks to a matching framelit. I've used the same colours in different proportions for the second card. Totally different huh?
Quick colouring Tip: The butterflies & flower were coloured in crisp cantaloupe ink using a blender pen. Normally I prefer an aquapainter for colouring, but the blender pens worked well as the stamped image is not waterproof & the colouring area is small.

To be honest, I don't love, love, love either of these cards, but can't put my finger on why. Also, the colours are maybe a little off in the pics - they look much better IRL. Anyway, I hope they give you some ideas to try.
Until next time, thanks for visiting & hope you have a happy day.
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
Butterflies
Stamps: Backyard Basics, Petite Pairs
Card: crisp cantaloupe (base), strawberry slush, whisper white
Ink: crisp cantaloupe, coastal cabana, strawberry slush ink pads, blender pen
Accessories: basic pearls
Tools: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Backyard Basics framelits
Flower
Stamps: Mixed Bunch, Oh Hello
Card: coastal cabana, strawberry slush, whisper white
Ink: crisp cantaloupe, strawberry slush ink pads, blender pen
Accessories: large basic pearl
Tools: Blossom punch, Essentials mat pack, paper piercing tool, piercing mat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well your only difference to the catalogue card is they have two colours in the sentiment. But I wonder if a slip of DSP behind the panel would work too? But if in doubt, spritz them with glimmer I reckon ;-) Sherylee.