Wednesday 24 July 2013

Embossed Swallowtail Butterfly

Back in April (gulp), I ran some simple heat embossing classes & have totally forgotten to post the projects....until now that is :-). This was the first card we made, using the fabtabulous Swallowtail, in a colour combo of pool party, primrose petals & island indigo.
I planned to emboss in white, but used a mix white & iridescent ice embossing powder to show my bling loving gals something a little different. This made it really sparkly too... but hard to see in the pic. After embossing, we sponged all over the butterfly body with pool party ink (same as the card) to make the butterfly really pop. It's amazing what a difference it made.
The card below was my first version & this is embossed in white then sponged over. You can see it's a brighter white than the sparkly version & is also smoother to touch.
I changed the sentiment & ribbon for the class version, so the sentiment got a bit more attention (they like that you know). I like placement of the butterfly better in this version though.
 I'll show you the second embossed card next time, as some laundry folding is calling me now. I do wish it would call someone else but there you go. Thanks for visiting & hope you liked the card.
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
Stamps: Create a Cupcake
Card: island indigo, pool party & primrose petals card
Ink: versamark, island indigo & pool party classic inkpads

Accessories: pool party & island indigo satin ribbon (retired), printed designer brad, basic pearls, white embossing powder, iridescent ice embossing powder
Tools: Heat tool, embossing buddy, word window & modern label punches, sponge daube
r
Techniques used: heat embossing, emboss resist, sponging

No comments: