Wednesday 1 February 2012

Inlaid embossing fun with K's

Todays card is one I made for a friend who wanted to give a special 40th birthday card for a friend. While asking what her friend might like, she said the friend was having a themed party where everyone had to come dressed as something beginning with the letter K, as the birthday girl's name begins with K - fun huh! So, with that in mind, this is what I came up with:
 As you can see, I've used the inlaid embossing technique again with the square lattice embossing folder. I just love the look this gives. The K & the 40 is from the timeless type junior alphabet die set & I think it was perfect for this, since it's almost square. I thought it might look too plain with just the K's so I added some itty bitty punched flowers before I embossed & some little rhinestones after.
The card is a tall one - The front is approx 21cm x 10cm from memory. This was a hurried photo, so the colours are not quite right, but you get the idea ;0)

It's been a while since I made this, but I'm pretty sure at the time I thought of the lovely Sarah Klass's card with numbers to get me started (coincidentally a 'K' too!). Thanks again Miss S.
My friend liked what I came up with & hopefully the birthday girl did too.

Thanks very much for stopping by. Hope you liked the card & hope to see you again soon.
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
Card/Paper: baja breeze base, rose red, regal rose, whisper white, lots of Subtles collection scraps for the K's
Accessories: basic rhinestones, celery grograin ribbon (retired)
Tools: Big Shot, square lattice embossing folder, Timeless Type junior alphabet dies, circles #2 die, 1 3/4 inch cirle punch, itty bitty punch pack

2 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Great idea, Di! What a fun card; sure to be treasured by the recipient.

H2 :) said...

Brilliant design Di - just perfect for the occasion! Love the long layout & the multi-coloured Ks. :)