Tuesday 10 January 2012

More Christmas stocking SAS cards

The shutter guy cancelled yesterday, but he's here bright & early this morning, so I'm taking some time out with my morning cuppa to share some more cards. These are the last 2 cards from my October Christmas SAS... or the month of the stocking.
I chose a non-traditional colour combo of island indigo, pool party & certainly celery....& I actually tilted a panel! The stockings are stamped & punched out, then layered on the white panel with dimensionals only near the toes. The whole tilted panel is also raised on dimensionals. I love love love the Peace on Earth sentiment (from Four the Holidays) - such a beautiful font.

The next card uses the same basic pieces in a different layout, with the same colours mixed up.

Keep reading if you'd like to see how this final card evolved...
This card was actually the second version of this card below.  I changed it, so that it would be a little quicker to make & so that both SAS cards could use the same pieces.
That card was actually based on this card below, which I liked, but didn't suit the colours & look I wanted. For some reason, it has a real retro feel to me - maybe it's the rounded corners & lacy border. Not sure!
Anyway, I think that's all the stocking cards I have for you for now, so I'll be back with something different next time. Don't forget that the stocking punch is only available while stocks last.

Inky wishes, Di

PS: Looks like the shutter install might take a while, so I may be back again!

Supplies:
Tilted stocking
Stamps: Stitched Stockings, Four the Holidays
Card/paper: certainly celery, island indigo, whisper white card, Island Indigo Patterns DSP (in colors 11-13)
Accessories: basic rhinestones, pool party ruffled ribbon
Tools: stocking punch

Pool Party stocking
Stamps: Stitched Stockings, Four the Holidays
Card/paper: pool party, certainly celery, whisper white card, Island Indigo Patterns DSP (in colors 11-13)
Accessories: basic rhinestones, island indigo ruffled ribbon
Tools: stocking punch

Retro stocking
Stamps: Four the Holidays
Card/paper: riding hood red, certainly celery, very vanilla card, Certainly celery Patterns DSP (subtles), Jolly Holiday DSP (retired)
Accessories: gold brad
Tools: stocking punch, dotted scallop ribbon border punch, corner rounder punches (current & retired)

1 comment:

H2 :) said...

Great batch of stocking cards Di. Love the non-traditional colours - they are so fresh. The prints & ruffled ribbons are perfect for this bright, fun look. :)