Monday 14 November 2011

Butterflies of sympathy

Hi there. Hope you had a relaxing weekend.
I made today's cards a couple of weeks ago to send to family friends who have sadly lost loved ones.
While I always think of the recipient when I make cards, it's especially true when I make sympathy cards. I only hope that my little bits of paper may help them know that they're in my thoughts.
Here's the first card I made:
I used the Manhattan Flower embossing folder with the top note die & Beautiful Wings embosslit to create a soft & hopefully elegant card with a simple monochromatic combination of bashful blue, marina mist & white. I was really happy it turned out like the picture I had in my head.
I think it's pretty self explanatory, but just a little note about the largest butterfly. I layered a bashful blue butterfly over a marina mist one - with a glue dot in the centre & dimensional on the wings to give more lift. You can hopefully see it better here:
The second card shares the same design, with a blushing bride & celery colour scheme. I used some retired in-colour DSP in the same pattern.
Looking back at these cards, I think they could easily be used for many other occasions too, just by changing the sentiment & colours.

A little thank you
Before I go, I have a little thank you card to show you, that I made with some of the leftover pieces I had on my desk. The greeting is from the new Petite Pairs set, (which the sympathy cards greeting was too), this time punched out with the new small oval punch. Very quick & easy, but quite pretty too I think.
Well, I think that's all I need to say, but if you have any questions or would just like to say hi, just drop me a line.
Take care of you & yours.
Di

Supplies - All SU!
Blue Sympathy
Stamps: Petite Pairs
Card/Paper: bashful blue, marina mist, whisper white card, Patterns DSP, Patterns DSP (basful blue - subtles pack)
Ink: marina mist
Accessories: basic pearls, marina mist grosgrain ribbon (retired)
Tools: Big Shot, Top Note die, Beautiful Wings embosslit, Manhattan Flowers embossing folder

Pink Sympathy
Stamps: Petite Pairs
Card/Paper: blushing bride, whisper white card, In colour patterns DSP (retired hostess)
Ink: marina mist
Accessories: basic pearls, pear pizzazz poly ribbon
Tools: Big Shot, Top Note die, Beautiful Wings embosslit, Manhattan Flowers embossing folder

Little thank you card
Stamps: Petite Pairs
Card/Paper: pool party, pretty in pink, whisper white card.
Ink: island indigo
Accessories: basic pearls
Tools: Big Shot, Top Note die, Beautiful Wings embosslit, Manhattan Flowers embossing folder

3 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Di, the Top Notes embossed with Manhattan Flower are beautiful, and just perfect for sympathy cards. I neglect that embossing folder; might just have to rectify that situation. Your cards are all gorgeous. The first card, in blues, is my favourite; it's very calming.

Sherylee said...

These cards are lovely Di - I am very happy to receive your blog posts in my email. Sherylee.

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Love your cards they are beautiful I found you on Pinterest.