Wednesday 31 March 2010

Skittles sweet treats

I can't believe this is the last day of the Summer Mini & Sale-a-bration. I just feel as if I'm getting into the swing of things some more & now all these goodies will be gone...so I had better just get on with it & show you some more projects.
This sweet treat card was the first project for my class last weekend. The cups are just so much fun to use...& you get to eat the contents – yum! For this one, I used some striped 'Washington Apple' DSP, teamed with the gumball machine from the 'Something sweet' set.
I think most of the card is pretty self-explanatory, aside from the mechanics of adding the cup. If you'd like more info on using sweet treat cups, just drop me a line.
This is the card inside, which reminds me, there is one thing I wanted to mention, the tab end was made with the wide oval punch. I just slid the card up through the punch hole, so it only punched one end.

Isaac's Treat
Here's another similar card I made in Feb for a friend's son. For this one, I used a spotty print from the 'Good Morning Sunshine' DSP pack & a hopefully cool pre-teen 'party hearty' greeting (from the 'Party Hearty set).
Well. I must dash for now. I'll hopefully be back later with one more Summer Mini post.
Inky wishes, Di

PS: If there's something you still want from the Summer Mini (or Sale-a-bration), I can place orders until tonight. Just give me a call or e-mail if you'd like me to place a final order.

Supplies:
Washington Apple/Good Morning Sunshine treat cards
Stamps: Something Sweet, On Your Birthday, Party Hearty
Card/Paper: riding hood red, kiwi kiss, whisper white card, Washington Apple DSP / pacific point, whisper white card, Good Morning Sunshine DSP
Ink: riding hood red, pumpkin pie ink pad / pacific point, kiwi kiss ink pads
Accessories: sweet treat cups, silver medium jumbo brad, silver brads
Tools: 1 ¾ inch circle punch, wide oval punch / word window punch

1 comment:

KimB said...

Hi DI,

they are both lovely but I really like your second one. The Pacific Point and Kiwi colours just make a brilliant boy card - that really pops!

Kim