Wednesday 9 December 2009

Fancy Folds – tri-shutter

Hi there! I was looking through my card directory & realised I'd forgotten to post the cards we made at my Fancy Folds class in October. First up is a tri-shutter card. I also realised I didn't take pics of the actual class card & have posted it now, so this is slightly different to the final one. (which I used Sweet Stems on all middle panels & arranged the DSP differently... just in case you want to know). I really enjoy making tr-shutters, as they look complicated but are very simple once you know how. I used the 'Sweet Stems' stamp set & Raspberry Tart DSP (surprised). All the class attendees got half a pack of this DSP so they could choose their own DSP designs to use on both projects.
This tri-shutter card is smaller than the Tea Party one I made before, so it fits in a regular size envelope. Check out this Splitcoast tutorial to get the idea of how to make one. To make one this size, you'll need to cut your card 27cm x 15cm, then score the long side at 4.5cm, 9cm, 18cm & 22.5cm. Finally, make your slits, 5cm in from each short side, between the 4.5cm & 22.5cm score lines.On the front, I stamped one of the 'Sweet Stems' & coloured it with pretty in pink, regal rose & certainly celery Stampin' Write® markers. I stamped a greeting from 'Great Friend'. I wrapped a filigree brad & pink rhinestone brad around some celery grosgrain, attached it to the stamped piece & rose red mat.

The second card we made at the fancy folds class was a never ending card, but I'll show you that one next time. In the meantime, thanks for popping in for a visit.

Inky wishes
Di

Supplies
Stamps: Sweet Stems, Great Friend
Card/Paper: whisper white, rose red, regal rose, Raspberry Tart
Ink: rose red & regal rose ink pads, pretty in pink, regal rose & certainly celery Stampin' Write® markers
Accessories: 5/8 & ¼ inch celery grosgrain ribbon, filigree brads, fire rhinestone brad

Sweet Stems (115880) $29.95

2 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Ho Di!

Just love this card! Sounds like your fancy fold class was heaps of fun!

Karen
x

kareN stampZ said...

Love all the little details - stunning as usual