Tuesday 21 July 2009

Candy cocoa cuppa

Well, that was a bit longer than I expected between posts. We've had family staying with us & are on school holidays, which has been lovely, but not good for stamping or blogging apparently. If I can get all my pics together, this is the start of a few posts showing you some water-coloured cards from my June classes & for what seems like last century's open house. I've been going to try to take better pics before posting them, but clearly this isn't happening any time soon, so here we go anyway!
This is the first card we made & as you can see I'm still having a bit of a pink fling - this time teamed with some close to cocoa & kraft.The cuppa image from 'Pun Fun' (which has to be a hot chocolate, since I don't drink coffee) is stamped on watercolour paper with black stayz on ink & coloured with ink pads, Watercolor Wonder™ crayons & my trusty Aqua Painter™. I attached it to close to cocoa & pink pirouette mats, and then mounted it on some striped 'Candy Lane' paper, more pink pirouette (seriously – what did we do before pink pir?). I really liked the soft look that the kraft taffeta adds. The greeting comes from 'Best Yet' (again!), which you may notice that I arranged so the words followed the edge of the pink mat.

Here's a close up of the image & greeting, but don't look too carefully. I'm not a great colourer (is colourer actually a word?) but I really find it very relaxing & therapeutic ....& the lovely ladies at my last class seemed to as well.

Tip - Custom mounting stamps
When I mounted the 'Pun Fun' set, I separated the images & punny greetings on the block – the main image on the base & greetings on the side. To me, this gives me more flexibility in how I use the set & is one of the reasons I like that our SU stamps come ready to mount, as it gives me the choice to mount them in a way that suits me best. If you're not sure how to double mount your stamps, just contact me for more info. I can also take a pic of 'Pun Fun' to show you what I did with this set.

Anyway, hope you like this one. Back with more punny cards soon.
Inky wishes
Di

Supplies:
Stamps: Pun Fun, Best Yet (L1 hostess)
Card/Paper: close to cocoa & pink pirouette card, watercolour paper, Candy Lane DSP
Ink: black stayz on, close to cocoa, pink pirouette, pretty in pink, rose red, going gray (ink pads/water colour wonder crayons)
Accessories: kraft taffeta ribbon, dimensionals
Tools: Aqua Painter™, large oval punch

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Love it Diane! What a lovely colour combo and that DSP is gotgeous! (btw -how can you not drink coffee?????)

Sarah Klass said...

Gorgeous Di! This is one of my fave colour combos :)

Oh, and I think the word you're looking for is colour-in-erer(!) ;o)

S x

Karen said...

Ooooooooooooo I'm lovin' that colour combo Di!! Thats one yummy card and you are an awesome colour-in-erer!!! roflol

Karen
x